This is a one to three day-a-week internship opportunity with structured content happening every Wednesday.
Wednesdays Each Week
Three Wednesdays of the month will be based in your church location:
- The morning will involve online lectures from a wide variety of church leaders and proven practitioners from all across the world (taking place 9.30am – 11.30am).
- The afternoon will involve practical training and experience in an appropriate department area, under the care of your Pastor and their team.
One Wednesday of the month will be a full-day intensive hosted in Hope City’s flagship location, Sheffield.
- This will be a five hour lecture intensive day (taking place 9.00am – 3.30pm), with teaching from Hope City’s Senior Leadership Team as well as special guest speakers .
Two occasions throughout the year there will be a Leadership Advance for 2 nights and 3 days. The first will be at the start of your internship, the other mid-way through the year. These are designed to be a hot-house environment for learning, growth and impartation, as well as bringing a strong sense of camaraderie to the year group where you’ll build relationships that last far beyond your internship.
Alongside Wednesday’s structured content, you will gain experience whilst helping a department area significantly advance in the life of the church. This will allow your gifting to come to the forefront as you are mentored by leaders who will provide you with practical training and serving opportunities.
Here’s a selection of some of the departmental opportunities:
Worship & Production
Design & Media
YA – Young Adults
Red Frogs Teams
Sunday Services and Mid-Week Events
As an Intern, you will be expected to play an appropriate and active part in the rhythm of your church location’s Sunday services and mid-week events.
You will be expected to engage in serving at Hope City’s conferences throughout the year which will allow you to gain valuable experience. These are:
- Society – Young Adults Conference
- She is – Women’s Conference
- Lead Summit – Leaders Conference
Bible Study and Book Reviews
You will have the opportunity to participate in a pre-selected bible reading plan throughout the year and a monthly book reading plan. The discipline of these reading plans is there to see your devotional life and real heart connection with God go from strength to strength this year.
The opportunity to go on a Hope City Mission trip will come up over the course of the year during your two week break in April 2021. This would add another dimension to your Internship experience (this will have an extra fee on top of the standard internship fee).